Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Give 52 - Week 3: Love

Love for Arielle Ford
Give 52 - Week 3
Cheryl Houston 2015
Late in 2010, I found myself in another failed relationship and honestly, at that time I was shaking my head, thinking what is wrong with me? I wanted and needed to take a good long look at myself and own up my part of the failures of these past relationships. What was I doing wrong? And, believe me, I was doing plenty of things wrong.

I had misguided thoughts and ideas and perceptions and I was holding on to these old agreements I didn't even know I had and so much more.

I named 2011 my year the Year of Love and the only thing I knew to do was dive into any relationship advice I could find. If it was about relationships and dating, I was reading it. But, I was also learning more about myself.

I found Arielle Ford and her book Soulmate Secret.

Friends, if you are looking for love and find yourself struggling, please do yourself a favor and pick up Arielle's book. Read it with an open mind and an open heart. One of my favorite bits of advice from her book is this: It's not your job to know when you will meet your soulmate. It's your job to be ready.

Are you ready? Because, I was ready. I wanted nothing more than to be able to meet someone I could share my love with on a daily basis. I followed her advice. I listened in on her Soulmate Summit featuring relationship experts. I even got to go see her here in Dallas at an event she held. And, I held out faith that God (whoever God was) and the Universe were preparing me for someone and preparing someone for me.

And, guess what! He found me! We found each other. Chris Houston is the love of my life and I don't know if I would have been open to receiving his love if I hadn't have embraced the teachings of Arielle Ford.

My heart is so grateful that her words found their way into my heart and my world. Even today as I continue to work on my relationship with my husband, her wisdom has made all the difference in my life and my relationship with him.

This is my gift. I give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment