Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Give 52 Week 13 - Hello!

Hello
Give 52 Week 13
Cheryl Houston 2015
I lived in Park City, Utah for about 9 years.

I worked at Jess Reid Real Estate for about 6 years.

A couple of years after I started, the office was remodeled and my desk was situated next to my friend and office mangers, Diana.

Diana is this fun and spicy red head who likes to drop the F Bomb- just like me! I mean, it just holds so much weight and is just plain necessary sometimes.

Not only do I have so many great memories working with Diana she shares her birthday with my son, Drew- Halloween Birthdays! Happy Birthday!

 I always loved making her laugh- like the year I put the decorative angel on my head and told her "Merry Christmas, Diana."

Or after her husband passed away, I would pick up the phone and say, "Hi Mike. Yeah, Diana's here. Okay, yeah, I'll tell her." and then I would hang up and say, "Diana, Mike says hi."

We cooked these huge casseroles of chicken spaghetti for an after conference dinner and we didn't defrost them soon enough so they were still frozen when we were done and all that work- down the drain.

My desk cubicle had both a front and a back and we would put this big umbrella up over it, called Chica's Cantina and hosted many of happy hours.

I miss that camaraderie at work. It was such a fun place to work and Diana was such a good friend to me so I just wanted to send her a big HELLO! Miss you, friend!

This is my gift. I give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment