Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Give 52 Week 23 - Cousin Love

The memories I have of me and my cousin, Julie growing up together are priceless.

Julie is a couple years younger than me and as girls we spent a lot of time together. I loved the holidays when her and her family would travel from the Houston area to my grandparents house. I had a perfectly good bed at home but I wouldn't be happy unless I got to stay with my cousins at my grandparents house. And when they went over to their other grandparents house a town away, I was lucky enough to get to go with them.

As we grew into teens, when Julie was in town we would hit the streets and drive and drive and drive. There wasn't texting or email when we grew up! We had to use snail mail! Gasp!

I would go and stay with her and her family for a week in the summer and we would go play putt putt golf and go to the movies and to Astro World.

Julie has had an interesting life. Her and her husband lived in Santiago, Chile for several years. All but her first born were born in Chile. They were there on a Christian Mission. Her family is amazing.
Julie lives about an hour away from me now and my hope is that we can get together this coming summer around the pool with all the kids. Come to Euless, Julie!

I wanted to send Julie a piece of artwork because of the beautiful influence she has had on my life.

This is my gift. I give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment