Thursday, March 3, 2016

Give 52, Week 30 - Chase Joy

Give 52 Week 30
Cheryl Houston 2016
Oh how I love how this piece turned out. The flowers are wild and funky and the splatter is fun. This week's Give 52 was sent to Robin Whitney in Park City, Utah.

When I worked at Jess Reid Real Estate, we hired Whitney Advertising to re-brand the company. Jim and Robin were so great to work with.

I remember sitting around the conference table and Robin having a very pensive, contemplative look on her face and Jess asking her, "What's wrong."

I can't remember her exact words but I think she said, "That's my thinking face."

Since I left Park City in 2006, I friended Robin on Facebook and I love seeing her photos of her, her friends and her family. She radiates joy. Whenever I see her photos,  I think: "She isn't just choosing joy, she's chasing joy!"

I want to be like that. I want to chase joy. No amount of doldrums or boredom can stop me and making this piece for Robin will help remind me to do just that: Chase Joy!
This is my gift. I give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment