Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Give 52 Week 20 - You're Longest Relationship

Give 52 Week 20
Cheryl Houston 2015
Your longest relationship in life is your relationship with your siblings. I am the youngest of three and my sister, Leigh Ann, is six years older than me though everyone thinks I'm the older one. I blame it on my height and try not to get too upset about it. Hey, I'm the worse about gauging peoples age. In fact, I just assume that everyone is around my own age which is great if you're older than me but not so great if you're younger than me.

So, for my whole life, I've known this lady. My sister. My friend.

It's around my sister and my brother that I feel the most carefree to crack jokes and be stupid and opinionated because hey, I'm the little sister and they accept me as I am.

We haven't always got along but I think that's the natural way of siblings. I appreciate what she's done for me through the years and I just wanted to tell her that I'm thankful for her presence in my life and her presence in our parent's life.

I moved away but both my brother and sister have chosen to stay nearby my parents and there is comfort in that for me.

Her birthday is on December 27th and I always felt like it was not as noticed as it should be because of Christmas. So happy birthday, seester! I sincerely hope it is as wonderful as you are.

This is my gift. I give it to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment