Thursday, May 19, 2016

Give 52 Week 41 - Blessed

Give 52 Week 14
Cheryl Houston 2016
Blessed. In so many ways, by so many people. People who are in my daily life and by people who used to be in my daily life.

As I may have told you before, I grew up in a small town where you go to kindergarten with the same people you graduate high school with and not only are you friends with your classmates, you're friends with all of their siblings, too.

Week 12 of Give 52 went to my dear friend, DeDe Reese. This week I honor her mother, Susan. Who at a time was like a second mother to me.

Susan Cox is the perfect image of grace, sweetness and discipline in a woman. I can remember times of great laughter with her and I can remember times of the sideways eye glance that meant you were teetering on the edge of being of trouble that if you were lucky enough would end in a smile.

I miss the days when we gathered in her home and chatted about the boy de jour and current events around town but I will always cherish the wisdom she imprinted on my life. And, though I'm more on the Hulk/Medusa side of mothering my boys, I'm working on the sideways glance.

Much love to you lovely, lady! You have truly blessed me.

This is my gift. I give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment