Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Give 52 - Week 5: Do You Believe?

Believe in Yourself for Heather Snow
Give 52 - Week 5
Cheryl Houston 2015
One of my other House of Shine buddies, Heather, works for the University of Texas - Arlington. She works in Student Affairs where she and her staff help students be successful by encouraging community on campus.

Heather contacted me late in July or early August, asking me to create something for her to put on her office encouragement wall. When I asked her what she was thinking she wanted she said that she wanted something to encourage her students to believe in themselves. She told me that her students come in so discouraged and hopeless.

Well, I knew right away that I would include Heather and her encouragement wall in my Give 52 project but I didn't tell her that. If we're encouraging students to have hope and to believe that they can achieve their dreams then I'm in!

How can I do more? That's what we should all be asking ourselves.

And, for me, this is what this project is about. Doing more. Sharing my artwork. Encouraging others to be all that they are. Do more of your thing that makes a difference in this world. In other words: SHINE! That's what Heather and I do when we participate at House of Shine.

Always keep dreaming. Always keep learning. Always stay curious. Always be kind.

And, never ever say never because I believe in you and all that you are!

This is my gift. I give it to you.

3 comments:

  1. The art is Amazing and I am so blessed to have your friendship! Thank you for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Beautiful! and what a GREAT encouragement!

    ReplyDelete