Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Give 52 - Week 7: S I N G

Sing
Give 52 - Week 7
Cheryl Houston 2015
Is it bragging if I say I completely love the way this piece turned out? And friends, this weeks art piece didn't come easy. I prepared something else and I could hear one of my art teachers saying, "Many are called. Few are chosen."

The original piece was not to be chosen. It was fine but it did not sing! So, I was starting from scratch Sunday evening, wrapping up Monday evening, and mailing yesterday. Just under the wire!

I've sent this 6 x 8 inch piece off to Valley Creek Church's worship leaders, Ben and Rachel Moreno. They lead Valley Creekers in worship most every Sunday and it's so, so good.

I can't tell you how many times that I have been singing along with them and become so overwhelmed by the presence of God that tears just start streaming down my face. It's embarrassing, folks! But, it also feels really wonderful.

I was able to spend a little bit of time with Rachel in a creative group gathering this past spring and she is so encouraging. Genuine love and  fun oozes from them both.

I'm so grateful to go to a church that emphasizes the importance of worship and that part of the service resets my heart to be able to face another week of the world. And, if that isn't enough to be grateful for, the worship team also put out albums for us to listen at home.

The newest album, By Cloud, By Fire is available now on iTunes. I Have Decided is one of my favorites. You should totally check it out. Like, right now. Go!

This is my gift. I give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment