Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Give 52 - Week 12: Love Never Dies

I grew up in a small town. The majority of my classmates that I graduated with in 1987 were the same classmates that I started Kindergarten with in 1974. Not only were you friends with your classmates but you became friends with all of their siblings too.

DeDe was a freshman when her brother, James and I were Juniors. We were friends in high school and our friendship grew stronger after high school when we shared an apartment together in Corpus Christi during the college years.

We watched soap operas together, drove up and down Highway 77 about a kajillion times looking for trouble, talked and talked and talked about the boys du jour, went to I don't know how many dances together and drank about 1,000 beers too many. Life was good.

DeDe has a contagious laugh and a welcoming hug and I'm lucky to call her my friend.

I had planned on sending DeDe a Give 52 piece in January to celebrate her birthday but DeDe's dad made his journey to heaven this past week so I wanted to send her something now.

I'm thinking about you, friend. I'm praying for peace in your heart. I know you're smiling thinking about ol' Larry up in heaven singing with Elvis.

And, yeah... we still need to plan that girls trip. Just saying.

This is my gift. I give it to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment