Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Give 52 Week 27 - Teacher's Pet

 
Give 52 Week 27
Cheryl Houston 2016
Teachers. They're a special breed of people. They take in our children no matter how bratty or stubborn and the shower them with knowledge and love. We all have at least one teacher that holds a special place in our hearts.

And then, when you have children of your own, you get to have a favorite teacher that is teaching your your children! That teacher for me is Nancy Bingham. She was both Drew and JB's second grade teacher. Even though my boys are now in the 8th and 9th grade, I still think of Nancy often. I have a picture of her and my boys from one field day that shows up on my work computer screen slide show. 

I once asked JB, "Who's the smartest mom you know?" And instead of answering right away like he should have he had to take a moment to think about it. Seriously, kid? And then he thoughtfully answered, "Well, I think the smartest mom I know is Mrs. Bingham because she's a mom and a teacher." 

My heart smiled. 

I hope any teacher that may read this knows this: You are doing a great job! You are touching the lives of so many children! You are making a positive impact on this world! We need you! We love you! 

That's you, Nancy Bingham!

Speaking of teachers. Those flowers are inspired by an art teacher of mine, Lynn Whipple. Her art is amazing just like her.

Telling you people. Teachers rock!

This is my gift. I give it to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment