Friday, February 19, 2016

Give 52 Week 28 - Blessed

Give 52 Week 28
Cheryl Houston 2016
Oh my goodness! I forgot to post after I got my artwork in the mail.

I made this piece for a man that is in my son, Drew's, life. Drew's dad got Drew in a city league of football when he was in the 6th grade. One of Drew's coaches was Ryan Young.

Ryan is this giant of a man but as nice and welcoming as they come and he has a love for God. He's such a good example for our boys.

Ryan leads Fellowship of Christian Atheletes and he has meetings at Drew's school. The other morning Drew told me he had attended a meeting and I thought about how grateful I was that Ryan is in Drew's life.

As many of my friends say, "It takes a village."

I pray that my children will always know God's love for them, that they will trust in the Lord for the good plans He has in store for them.

Ryan, thank you for all you do for the young men in this community.

This is my gift. I give it to you .

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl,
    Thank you so much for blessing me with this amazing gift of encouragement! It's not often that I get ministered to in this manner. I want you to know this was a timely word and gesture. I love what I do with the students in our community! I appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement... It has been received with great gratitude and a joy within my spirit. Blessings to you and your family... I hope to see you very soon!

    Ryan Young

    ReplyDelete